class attributes

May 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM
hi,

great piece of work, thank you

class attributes would be really helpful with this library, so we can ask your dll to 1. ignore properties and also 2. set lengths on string/varchar and other types
May 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
better yet, can you put up the source code? i would like to implement the class attributes myself
Coordinator
May 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Class attributes sounds exciting!

The source code is available as a zip-file at Codeplex. Find it at http://createschema.codeplex.com/releases/view/85569

...and I am interested in hearing on your progress. Have fun!

/Kai

May 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Edited May 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hello Kai,

when i click on that link a dll downloads, no source code

BTW your SQL isnt CE 4 compatible.

But considering SQL Management studio no longer supports CE , the DEV tools in CE are really crap and there is a tool to convert whole SQL databases to SQL CE databases its probably a better option to convert whole databases from SQL to SQL CE than using your create schema tool anyway (for Windows SQL CE that is)

so the process for dual support of SQL and SQL CE 4 would be
  1. Create class (with attributes)
  2. Use your tool
  3. Execute string in SQLS MS
  4. Repeat 1-3 until database done
  5. Use conversion tool to create CE database from SQL database
Another thing, SQL CE also doesn't support stored procs, so I may include CRUD SQL statements that are both SQL and SQL CE compatible
Coordinator
May 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Strange, strange...

Will fix it. But in the meantime, here is the zip!

I see the output from CreateSchema as a pretty good suggestion on how to build a database. I still believe that the final solution should be at the hands at the guy who models the database. It is a shortcut, not always the best answer.

/Kai

May 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
hi Kai,

where is that zip? I cant find it
Coordinator
May 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
The source code should be available under downloads now.